Police are searching for a man who is the main suspect in four residence hall room invasions over the past two days.

Battle Creek resident Rick Francisco Ramon, 33, is believed to be the person behind the incidents, according to Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Diane Brown.

Ramon, who is not affiliated with the University, has a warrant out for his arrest after he failed to appear in court. He was arrested in Battle Creek for retail fraud on April 24 earlier this year.

Brown said the incidents took place after a resident left their door open. The most recent ones occurred between 7:20 and 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Alice Lloyd and South Quad residence halls,

Two of the break-ins occurred Wednesday evening in East Quad and West Quad between the hours of 7:30 and 9:45 p.m. In both cases, laptops were stolen from unattended rooms where the door had been left open.

The suspect was last seen wearing a black, puffy jacket and carrying a black backpack, Brown said. The crime alert describes him as between 5-5 and 5-8 in height and college age.

Anyone who sees this man or has information about other home invasions is encouraged to call the Department of Public Safety at (734) 763-1131. Students are encouraged to close their doors and not to let strangers enter residence halls.