After three sexual assaults were reported to University and Ann Arbor Police this past Labor Day weekend, a student has reported that a similarly described suspect suspiciously touched her Saturday.

A student told University Police that on Friday at about 6 p.m., a male suspect approached her, and talked to her in Chinese at the Michigan League. The suspect and student then walked over to an exterior bench near the Modern Languages Building, where the suspect rubbed the student’s thigh and grabbed her cell phone.

The student took her cell phone back and left the area. She reported the incident to police at about 11 p.m. Friday, and described the suspect as a 5’8” Chinese male with short black hair, who appeared to be about 25 years old and reportedly spoke with a heavy accent.

The suspect description in the sexual assault at the University’s Museum of Natural History is the most similar to the suspect in Saturday’s assault, where the suspect also spoke in Chinese with a heavy accent and had a similar physical description.

Diane Brown, spokeswoman for the University’s Department of Public Safety, said University Police do believe this suspect is similar to the sexual assault at the museum, but aren’t drawing any connections to the other two incidents at Michigan Stadium and Washtenaw Avenue and Hill Street.

“There seems to be (a suspect) potentially matching the previous Friday’s (sexual assault) at Ruthven,” Brown said.

Unlike the other three incidents, Friday’s report is not being classified by police as fourth degree Criminal Sexual Conduct, a form of sexual assault, because Michigan law does not classify the outer thigh as an “intimate part” that would be subject to the classification.

Rather, the suspect would have had to touch the inner thigh of the student, or another body part subject to the statue in order for the incident to be classified as fourth degree CSC, Brown said.

Correction: A previous version of this article misstated when the incident took place and was reported.