“I got to flaunt a hot pink bikini in front of thousands of people,” said Michigan hockey sophomore Mac Bennett, capturing the essence of Mock Rock in so many words.

The University of Michigan Student-Athlete Advisory Committee will host the 14th-annual Mock Rock fundraiser next Tuesday at Hill Auditorium. Mock Rock is a high-energy variety show featuring various entertaining skits and dance routines that display the student-athletes’ creative skills off the court, arena or field.

“It’s all in good fun and for a great cause,” Bennett said.

The event was created to commemorate the tragic passing of Michigan wrestler Jeff Reese in 1997 by Reese’s fellow student-athletes. The event’s proceeds went to the scholarship fund which bears his name.

Mock Rock 2012 will continue the tradition of raising money for those in need. The student-athletes are striving to raise $100,000 to give back to three different causes this year: Mott Children’s Hospital, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washtenaw County and Student-Athletes Leading Social Change (SALSC). Last year’s event grossed a record high of $86,000, which went to a selection of causes, including Mott.

“As a student-athlete, it is an honor to continue a tradition that was started well before we got here and to make it into a legacy,” said Erik Braun, Senior President of SAAC and a member of the men’s track and field team. “I’m grateful to have supported and been a part of such a special event.”

Michigan welcomes back alum and ESPN anchorwoman Dana Jacobson as Master of Ceremonies to accompany a panel of judges.

Junior football defensive end Craig Roh is excited for his skit.

“I’m mostly looking forward to doing our performance,” Roh said. “We’re combining with the volleyball team this year and we’ve spent a lot of time and effort putting this together to make it a unique routine for such a great cause. It’s a mixture of talent, poise, and extreme athleticism that will comprise our skit.”

Bennett gave a sneak peek into the hockey team’s performance this year.

“(Junior defenseman) Lee Moffie will be on the vocals, I will be on the guitar, there will be lots of jokes and there may or may not be some interpretive dancing.”

Maybe they’ll even leave out the bikinis and revealing attire this time.

Tickets for the 7:30 p.m. event will be available for purchase in person by cash or check only at the Michigan Athletic Ticket Office Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and at the Ross Academic Center on Sunday, Feb. 5, from noon to 5 p.m. Tickets are $10 for all U-M students, $12 for advance general admission, and $15 for general admission when purchased from the Hill Auditorium box office on the night of the event.