A 20- year-old University student said she was sexually assaulted on Saturday afternoon in Pittsfield Township. The woman said that the man claimed to be a 23-year-old male claiming to be a University student.

The alleged victim said she met the suspect earlier in the day and agreed to go to lunch with the person. She said they ended up returning to the suspect’s condominium on the 4100 block of Packard Street around 1:30 p.m. The alleged victim reported the incident in East Quadrangle Residence Hall at 6:10 p.m. Saturday.

Pittsfield Township Police Department detective Lt. Steve Heller said that the alleged victim voluntarily went to the suspect’s condo.

“There was some consensual contact; however, he pushed further and refused to stop when she told him too,” Heller said.

The identity of the suspect is still in question – the victim said she only knew his first name. She said she thought he was a student, yet the PTPD could not confirm it.

The PTPD said they think they have located him, yet are still investigating the issue before they press charges.

Before they send the case to the prosecutor’s office, Heller said the PTPD would have to administer further interviews with the alleged victim and suspect.

Heller also said that there is physical evidence that hasn’t yet been tested yet.

The alleged victim never received a rape kit because PTPD said there was no use for one. Police would not answer questions about the degree of sexual assault.

Amy Burandt, assistant director of direct services at the University’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center said 80 percent of sexual assaults reported to SAPAC are committed by acquaintances.

She added that nationally, 20 to 25 percent of women are sexually assaulted during their college career.

Sexual assault cases can lead to expulsion from the University.