When the University’s newest fundraising campaign launches in November, more than a little celebratory glitz will be on hand for its kickoff.

On Monday evening, the Ann Arbor City Council voted to approve the closure of North University Avenue between Fletcher and Thayer Streets for the Victors for Michigan campaign launch celebration set for Nov. 8.

In September, the University announced that an outdoor celebration on Ingalls Mall would accompany the kickoff celebrations. Following the event, University President Mary Sue Coleman and campaign co-chair Stephen Ross, a real-estate mogul and major University donor, will host the official “Victors for Michigan” unveiling ceremony at 8 p.m. inside Hill Auditorium.

Judy Malcolm, senior director of executive communications at the Office of University Development, said the event is set to occur in the area between Hill Auditorium and the Michigan League, adjacent to the Diag.

Beginning at 5 p.m., the University invites students, faculty and community members to join University donors and volunteers for music, giveaways and free T-shirts.

Later that evening, students will share how their University experience has been influenced by student aid, essentially the reasons “Michigan needs victors,” as referenced by the campaign’s branding.

Along the lines of a public launch party, campaign strategists are hoping to involve students in the campaign, especially since administrators have pegged student aid as the campaign’s top priority.

Campaign officials have formed a student advisory committee to assist in planning and associated philanthropic efforts.

In a February interview with The Michigan Daily, Coleman said students articulating the effect of financial aid would be crucial.

“We need to fashion this in a way donors can get excited about the difference they can make in people’s lives, so a lot of this will be storytelling about what students have done and what the impact of having various scholarships has been,” Coleman said.

Though the branding and limited celebration plans were released in September, other details won’t be revealed until the campaign’s official start date on Nov. 8.