Areas of off-campus student housing lost power Friday evening following a large storm in Ann Arbor. As of Sunday evening, power has not been restored.

Affected areas in downtown Ann Arbor included a large portion of Church Street and South University Avenue, as well as clusters on Hill Street, Sybil Street, Benjamin Street and Arch Street. In Southeastern Michigan, over 350,000 people lost power in the storm in what DTE Energy Spokesperson Eileen Dixon said was the 10th worst in the company’s history.

According to the National Weather Service’s online incident reports, storm damage to power lines, as well as trees, roofs and cars, was reported across the state. A severe storm warning for the Ann Arbor area, cautioning of 70-plus hour wind, was issued Friday evening. Wind speeds reached 50 miles per hour in Ann Arbor, and up to 70 miles per hour in other areas of Southeast Michigan, according to a CBS report.

Dixon said on Sunday afternoon that most affected areas should have power by Monday evening.

“The vast majority of outages we expect to be taken care of by the end of tomorrow evening,” Dixon said. “However, there will be small clusters of customers with individual service problems until Tuesday or Wednesday.”

LSA sophomore Sagar Sadasivan, a Sybil resident who lost power, said the loss has been inconvenient, though the mild weather dampens the effect.

“The only thing is it forces us to go out of the house because we have to charge our phones, charge our laptops, you need Wi-Fi for homework,” he said. “It could be worse, if the weather was extremely hot or extremely cold.”

The water supply for LSA junior Radhi Gohil, a South Forest resident who also lost power, was turned off as precautionary measure. She said dealing with the outage has been a confusing and frustrating experience, especially as a first-time renter.

“With school just starting, classes getting time-consuming, it’s been a headache,” she said. “For people who it’s their first time living off campus, for something like this to happen you’re kind of at a loss for resources and there’s not really anyone you can talk to.”

Both Sadasivan and Gohil were initially told they wouldn’t have power returned until Thursday, but were told Sunday that power might be returned as soon as tonight.

Dixon said several priorities influence when power is restored. It depends on the consumers’ power circuit and their power needs. For instance, hospitals and police and fire stations are likely to receive power first.

“We look to repair the circuit that has the most customers affected. If we can get several thousand customers back up in one repair, that’s where we want to focus our efforts.”

Another Sybil Street resident who lost power, Engineering graduate student Garrett Cullen, said he was disappointed by the delay.

“Understandably, (DTE) has a lot on their plate right now,” Cullen added. “I expected a lot quicker service.”