Though finals are almost here next semester;s activities are just around the corner. And one these is the annual MPowered Startup Career Fair.

The fair, sponsored by the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies, economic developer Ann Arbor SPARK and startup accelerator Bizdom, will take place Jan. 15 on North Campus.

LSA sophomore Sydney Bigelow, co-director of the fair, said 91 startups from across the country, including Michigan, California, New York, Chicago and Colorado, have registered for the event, with the Dec. 15 registration deadline approaching. Students can register and submit their resumes up until the day of the fair.

She noted that the startups attending the fair vary in type and size, including companies that employ anywhere from 10 to 500 people. Similarly, students from different fields and majors are expected to attend. Bigelow added that 1,500 to 2,000 students attended last year’s event.

The startups will showcase their company and products catered to students, with an emphasis on networking and building career opportunities. Bigelow said though startups might be looking to fill specific positions, responsibilities within a startup often rotate.

“They are looking for people that are dedicated about the startup,” she said. “That are passionate about what they are doing and just really willing to learn, willing to work for what they want.”

Entering its seventh year, Bigelow said MPowered reaches out to startups to attend the fair, though many companies have started asking to attend on their own.

“It’s really casual and it’s a great way to interact with recruiters on a one to one basis because there’s no pressure, it’s not uptight,” Bigelow said. “It’s great for casual conversation, beginning a conversation and getting to know people. And it’s just really fun—a fun environment—and that’s what we were going for because that’s what startups are.”

Correction appended: A previous version of this article stated that the fair was hosted by Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies, Ann Arbor SPARK, and Bizdom. They were the sponsors of the event.