Study food

It was Monday night. My roommate and I were both at our desks, completely concentrated on the work we had put off all weekend.

I don’t believe in psychics or mindreading, but this was a legitimate moment of ESP. We turned to each other at the exact same moment, one thought on both of our minds: cheesybread.

The first words out of my mouth were, “regular or feta?” Regular. “Chipati for sure, any other sauce?” Ranch. The rest is history.

As an out-of-state student, I couldn’t wait to try all the new experiences Ann Arbor had to offer. Reflecting on my two-and-a-half years here, no one experience will measure up to the miracle that is Pizza House cheesybread.

A delicacy that can be enjoyed during the week or on weekends, cheesybread brings people together or comforts an individual in moments of solitude. It doesn’t have a one-size-fits-all mentality, offering a variety of dipping sizes and the option to upgrade to a jumbo.

If you need some love, cheesybread will come in the shape of a heart. If you happen to be visiting a certain Church Street bar, cheesybread will wait for you just across the street.

When I hear fellow Wolverines sigh that they have yet to find love or companionship on campus I smile and shake my head. I’ve already found it.

Katie Burke, Managing Editor

Study Spot

With midterms quickly approaching, weekend plans of lying in bed all day and wasting time with friends are quickly giving way to long days spent studying in libraries and coffee shops. But with students across campus trying to study, the second floor of the UgLi becomes more of a social gathering than a work space, Starbucks is always packed and too loud, and even the Ref Room fills up with friends noisily whispering across the long tables.

Rather than brave these more popular study spots, I’ve turned to my new favorite, Glassbox Coffee and Juice. Located on the corner of Washtenaw and South University, this small coffee shop boasts a wide variety of coffees and teas, as well as freshly-pressed juices and baked goods courtesy of Zingerman’s.

The shop is comfortable and warm, with big glass windows that allow natural light in and a playlist of tasteful background music. The staff is always friendly and the crowd is usually made up of regulars who sometimes talk but mostly work quietly. As an added plus, the shop is rife with electrical outlets so you can go all day without worrying about charging your laptop.

Maya Kalman, For the Daily