Students looking to celebrate the end of classes tomorrow may finally have a reason to make a trip to North Campus when the Engineering Council holds its 10th annual Springfest celebration on the North Campus Diag from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The celebration generally draws about 5,000 students and is free.

SOBE Beverages and ESPN Magazine have combined to create the Rock ‘N Rip tour, which will take part in the celebration for the first time this year.

The tour is specifically designed for colleges and universities.

“They’ll be doing extreme skating, they have a half-pipe and a DJ, they’ll be doing tricks to the music,” said Chitra Laxmanan, an engineering sophomore and event organizer.

Also a part of the tour is the XBox area that will include big screen televisions and other entertainment, including video games.

“The companies are going to be giving away a lot of free stuff,” said Harshvardan Modi, an event organizer and Engineering freshman.

MSA donated $4,000 for the celebration, distributing most of the money toward the large inflatable toys, including a gladiator game, a human dart game and a bungee run.

In addition to the extreme skaters, other live entertainment includes performances by four bands mainly composed current and past University students, including Donkey Punch.

Similar to previous years, there will also be a dunk tank, computer smashing and a raffle offering more than $1,500 in prizes.

The annual competitions between different engineering societies will also take place this year.

“There’s a volleyball tournament, tug-of-war … and the winner gets a trophy,” Laxmanan said.

Even though the competitions are between engineering students, the celebration is open to all University students, faculty and staff.

“It’s an end-of-the-year celebration and a way for the seniors to say goodbye,” said Alexis Marz, an Engineering freshman and event organizer.

The celebration also offers students one final chance to relax before finals begin.

“Just come and enjoy yourself a little bit,” Laxmann said.

If students need other incentives for attending, Laxmanan said lots of free food will be provided.

Over $20,000 has gone into planning this year’s celebration.

Donations for the event were provided by various University colleges and schools, the Michigan Student Assembly, UMEC and several outside sponsors.