Friday at 3 p.m. will mark the world premiere of “Infinium,” the 10th-generation vehicle of the University’s Solar Car Team, a non-profit student-run organization, at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.

Infinium will be launched on Oct. 25 to compete in a six-day, 1800-mile race in Australia called the Global Green Challenge.

College of Engineering senior Alex Dowling, the team’s strategy director, said in a press release that he thinks Infinium will be “the most competitive car in the team’s history.”

“Infinium builds on our continued success and the knowledge we’ve learned from previous teams,” Dowling said in the press release.

According to the press release, this year’s solar car boasts a lithium battery, space-grade solar cells comparable to those used in NASA satellites and an electric motor that peaks at 98 percent efficiency. Based on computer simulations, the car could break speed records.

Though the car will travel at very high speeds, the team is more concerned with its racing strategy and energy efficiency.

The car can continue to go over 200 miles without sun, but not at full speed. The team will have to determine where and when in the race it will travel at certain speeds so that the car will achieve its fastest race time.

The solar car will be presented by various racing team members in the Sally Wendell Anderson Theater in the museum.

The team is a five-time champion of the North American Solar Challenge and has placed third at the World Solar Challenge three times.