3cb2fdcd9b3ae-58-1

EAST LANSING (AP) Antwaan Randle El passed for a mere 51 yards and no touchdowns Saturday against No. 22 Michigan State.

Levron Williams ran for 251 yards and three touchdowns in Indiana”s 37-28 win at Michigan State.<br><br>AP PHOTO

No matter.

Randle El, a fifth-year senior, ran for 149 yards and a score in Indiana”s 37-28 victory. The Hoosiers (3-3 Big Ten, 3-5 overall) amassed 489 yards on the ground, including a 251-yard, three-touchdown effort by running back Levron Williams.

“We were prepared to play Michigan State, and we”ve got the best running game in the Big Ten,” Williams said. “We can do this to anyone.”

Randle El became the NCAA Division I-A career rushing leader among quarterbacks, and fullback Jeremi Johnson added 96 yards and a touchdown.

“We feel like we can move the ball on anyone,” Randle El said. “The only thing that can stop us is our own stupid penalties and turnovers.”

“It”s (the record”s) a huge accomplishment, but I”m only going to celebrate until 4:30 tomorrow,” Randle El said. “After that, it”s all about Penn State (next week”s opponent). I can enjoy this after my career.”

Michigan State (3-3, 5-3), which was coming off an emotional 26-24 win over Michigan, had won the last four meetings against Indiana.

“We didn”t play with the fire that Indiana did,” Michigan State coach Bobby Williams said. “They had a lot more emotion than us.”

Indiana entered the game as the Big Ten leader in rushing offense, scoring offense, total offense and turnover margin.

The Hoosiers took control of the Old Brass Spittoon, which has been awarded to the winner since 1950. Randle El held the Spittoon in his arms during a postgame news conference.

Illinois 33, Penn State 28 Another miserable start, another comeback victory for Illinois

Illinois overcame two Penn State kick returns for touchdowns by intercepting four passes in a 33-28 victory Saturday.

“We showed heart and character. Our guys did not panic,” coach Ron Turner said.

The Illini (5-1, 8-1) may not have, but their fans were close to it after Larry Johnson returned a kickoff 97 yards for a go-ahead touchdown with 3:29 remaining. It was the only touchdown of the second half for the Nittany Lions (2-4, 3-5).

Illinois got the ball back on its own 20. After two incompletions, Kurt Kittner found Brandon Lloyd open on the sideline for a 30-yard completion and hit Aaron Moorehead for 13 yards.

Illinois then ran the ball five straight times, the last a 13-yard touchdown run by Rocky Harvey for the winning score with 1:19 to go.

“This team has the attitude that they”re not going to be denied no matter what happens, no matter what is thrown at them,” Turner said. “Our guys get stronger as the game goes on and they keep wearing on people.”

Ohio State 35, Purdue 9 Steve Bellisari threw three touchdown passes, and Ohio State”s defense intercepted three passes and forced two safeties as the Buckeyes beat Purdue 35-9 Saturday.

Ohio State (4-2, 6-3) can still share the conference title by winning its final two games. The Buckeyes play host to Illinois, then play at rival Michigan.

Bellisari has been booed at home all season for his mediocre performances. For the second straight game, however, he seemed to make all the right moves.

He completed 14 of 20 passes for 263 yards without an interception. His touchdown throws all in the second half covered 53 yards to Michael Jenkins, 13 yards to Ben Hartsock, and 7 yards to Chris Vance.

Vance had the biggest receiving day of his career, catching seven passes for 138 yards.

Jonathan Wells carried 21 times for 101 yards and a touchdown.

Purdue (3-3, 5-3), which came in ranked last in the Big Ten in offense, struggled all day. Quarterback Brandon Hance completed just 10 of 22 passes for 122 yards and was intercepted by Donnie Nickey, Cie Grant and Derek Ross.