SHEI Magazine, a student-run campus fashion periodical, hosted the third-annual State Street Fashion Show at the Michigan Theater Friday.

Presented in partnership with the State Street Area Association, the show featured the latest fall outfits from a variety of local clothing stores, including the MDen, Bivouac and Pitaya. ASOS, a British fashion retailer with a popular online shopping site, also sponsored the event.

From the planning to the modeling, the event was entirely student-run. About 150 people filled the dimly lit theater to watch the show, which included a techno DJ and a runway.

LSA senior Shea Corrigan, the Editor in Chief of SHEI, said the planning committee was comprised of about eight students, led by Art & Design senior Tara Ellis and LSA junior Alexis Miedema — the fashion editors of the magazine — and began preparing for the show in September.

The fashion show began three years ago when the State Street Association contacted SHEI to help create a “flagship” event that would foster a closer relationship between the campus community and the retailers, as well as create exposure for their products, Corrigan said.

“I was pleased with the outcome, I think the show was really strong and from what I could tell back backstage it was a good turnout,” Corrigan said.

Art & Design junior Grace Treado, one of the models in the show, said the event felt like a combination of professional fashion and something more accessible to students.

“We’re all Michigan students … but we get to be a part of something more interesting,” Treado said.

The group sold SHEI branded T-shirts and other merchandise for fundraising, and guests were also invited to have their photo taken against a SHEI backdrop. Attendees were given raffle tickets upon entry for giftcards to ASOS, MDen and Pitaya, among others.

Daily News Editor Alicia Adamczyk contributed reporting.