Update: the Tornado Warning for Washtenaw County was cancelled at 2:03 a.m.

The National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Warning for Washtenaw County that will be in effect until 2:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The University issued an Emergency alert regarding the tornado warning at approximately 1:40 a.m.

Previously, a Severe Thunderstorm Watch was issued for Washtenaw County until 1:45 Tuesday morning. The storm is expected to near Ann Arbor at approximately 1:05 a.m.

Residents in the Washtenaw County area are advised to move to a basement or an interior room and avoid windows.

Torrential rain is expected and may lead to flash flooding. The National Weather Service recommends not driving on flooded roads.

A Hazardous Weather Outlook was also issued, with the primary threat of severe weather from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The severe weather watch advises that potentially severe thunderstorms will occur as warm weather lifts throughout the area, and then as cold weather follows.

The advisory states that Monday night the primary weather will be wind gusts of up to 70 miles per hour, followed by hail around one inch in diameter. According to the report, there is a low chance of tornadoes and larger hail.

The initial advisory states that golf-ball sized hail, flooding, and isolated tornadoes are all possible.