A second South Carolina resident has been charged in the murder of Medical student Paul DeWolf.

Photo of Joei Alexander Jordan, from the Sumter-Lee Regional Detention Center via Vinelink

Joei Alexander Jordan, a 20 year-old man from Sumter, S.C., was arraigned Tuesday on one count of homicide, two counts of first degree homicide and one count of conspiracy to commit home invasion.

The home invasion charges pertain to incidents at 210 North Ingalls and 220 North Ingalls. The latter is the address of the Phi Rho Sigma fraternity, where DeWolf was found dead in July.
Last week, 21 year-old Shaquille Alexander Keiley Jones was arraigned on identical charges.

According to Sumter County court records, Jordan was in traffic court in South Carolina on March 19 for a speeding violation.

David Goldstein, an attorney from Ann Arbor, will represent the Jordan, who is currently being held without bond. His preliminary examination has been set for Dec. 12 at 8:30 a.m.

DeWolf, a second lieutenant in the United States Air Force, was found dead from a single gunshot wound to the neck in his room at the Phi Rho Sigma house on July 24. A coworker discovered his body after he failed to show up to work at the Ann Arbor Veteran Affairs Healthcare System.

Earlier this month, police reported that they had arrested three people in connection with the murder. University and Ann Arbor Police offered a $10,000 reward for information in the case, but officials said that reward wasn’t claimed as a result of the arrests.

One of the three arrested suspects still has not been charged in the case.

Editor’s note: Though media reports have included the apparent identity of the final suspect, The Michigan Daily does not disclose the names of any criminal suspects until they are formally charged.

Clarification: Police later clarified that Jordan was being represented by attorney David Goldstein, not the Washtenaw County Public Defender.