Two robbers escaped from a Chase Bank branch Monday, taking an undisclosed amount of cash with them.

The bank, located at the corner of Packard Street and East Stadium Boulevard, has many student patrons.

The robbers, one man and one woman, entered the building at about 2:45 p.m. Monday, police said. The man leapt over the counter and stole cash from the registers while the woman waited by the door. She kept her hand in her pants, implying that she had a gun, Detective Sgt. Richard Kinsey of the Ann Arbor Police Department said. Witnesses reported they didn’t see a weapon, police said.

The robbers fled around the corner to Shadford Road and made their getaway in a metallic green Ford SUV parked there. Police are currently investigating the case but have not arrested anyone as of yesterday.

The AAPD, investigating the case in conjunction with the Ann Arbor FBI bureau, is offering a $500 reward for information leading to the conviction of the robbers. Witnesses described the man as about 5 feet 6 inches tall, wearing a dark, hooded jacket, blue jeans and white shoes. The woman was described as about 5 feet 9 inches tall and about 180 pounds. She was also described as wearing a hooded jacked and blue jeans. Police released a composite sketch of the female suspect, who is considered armed and dangerous, but a wanted poster said she was “cuter” than the sketch suggests.

About a month ago, a bank was robbed about three blocks south on Packard Street. Kinsey said police think Monday’s incident is unrelated, but added that police are investigating the possibility.

Mary Kay Bean, a spokeswoman for Chase Bank branches in Michigan, said so far this year Chase banks in Michigan have been robbed 25 times, half the number in 2005.

Bean said robberies usually pick up around the holiday season.

“We could see more (this year because the season is just beginning),” she said. “We’ll just have to keep and eye out and bide our time.”

This bank has seen more than its fair share of robberies, police said. Kinsey estimated that it gets robbed about once a year.

Those with information about the suspects or their whereabouts can call the AAPD’s anonymous tip line at 734-996-3199 or the local FBI office at 734-995-1310.