The Big Ten standings and national rankings could possibly become a huge jumble in the next two weeks as the No. 3 Michigan wrestling team starts a stint of four road conference matches. Michigan will start its road trip this weekend against No. 24 Penn State and No. 4 Ohio State.

“We”re looking to wrestle well at State College first, and then maybe we can use that momentum against Ohio State,” said Michigan coach Joe McFarland.

The Nittany Lions are led by identical twin brothers, Josh and Scott Moore.

Josh is currently ranked No. 11 in the nation with a 32-3 record at 133 pounds. Tomorrow, at Penn State, he”ll square off against Michigan”s Foley Dowd, who is currently ranked eighth in the nation. The other brother, Scott, is 23-9 this season and ranked No. 15 in the nation at 141 pounds. Michigan”s Clark Forward should have his hands full when he faces the former NCAA qualifier.

“There”s no doubt about it those guys are tough,” McFarland said. “Clark and Foley need to wrestle hard because those are two big matches.”

Michigan will head from State College to Ohio State on Sunday, and the Wolverines better be ready when they do.

The Buckeyes were ranked No. 15 just two short months ago, but have exploded into the top five. Their second-place performance at the National Dual Championships has helped their meteoric rise. At that tournament, the sixth-seeded Buckeyes upset then-No. 2 Oklahoma and No. 3 Oklahoma State.

Despite placing higher than Michigan at the National Duals, the Buckeyes are ranked a spot below the Wolverines.

Out of Ohio State”s 10-man roster, seven wrestlers are ranked in the top 10 in the nation.

The best match of the day should be at 149 pounds. Ohio State”s Keaton Anderson, ranked No. 6 in the nation, will wrestle No. 7 Mike Kulczycki of Michigan. Anderson”s 6-4 upset win over then-No. 4 Jared Frayer helped start Ohio State”s comeback against Oklahoma at the National Duals.

Michigan is favored in Sunday”s matchup, but Ohio State may have an ace up its sleeve in back-up 184 pounder Blake Kaplan. One of Michigan star Andy Hrovat”s losses was to Minnesota No. 4 Damian Hahn, and the other came against Kaplan at the preseason Michigan State Open. In that match, Kaplan caught Hrovat in a trick countermove known as the “spladdle,” and put Hrovat on his back.

The move gave Kaplan five points and an insurmountable lead in his 7-5 upset win over Hrovat. Hrovat later wrestled back in that tournament to face Kaplan again in the consolation finals, where Hrovat emerged victorious, 6-0.

While Ohio State has used No. 17 Anton Talamantes most of the year at the 184-pound spot to great success, Kaplan”s ability to use tricky countermoves like the “spladdle” may get him the call against Hrovat.