When it comes to pairing kindred souls while making money, “The Bachelor” is one of reality TV’s biggest successes. Still, when the roses die and the population of dim reality stars increases, many has-been reality celebrities strive to get back into the limelight.

“Leave it to Lamas”

Sundays at 11 p.m.
E!

Cue “Leave it to Lamas,” starring “The Bachelor” season 12 winner Shayne Lamas after her predictable break-up with eligible bachelor Matt Grant. “Leave it to Lamas” follows Shayne and her family, catching their wacky ways on camera. It’s like “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” but with different alliteration in the title and a blonde girl as the star.

The series premiere spends a short introduction legitimizing the show’s own existence. Shayne narrates her obscure line of familial fame, explaining that she’s furthering her acting career and taking it “very seriously.” She also makes sure to note her father, Lorenzo Lamas, whose recent stint in the second-rate horror film “Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus” is a far cry from his heartthrob days in the ’80s soap opera “Falcon Crest.”

Her mom, brother AJ and half-sister Dakota serve as comic relief. The episode highlights the inner workings of the Lamas family, especially the tense relationship between Lorenzo and AJ, who haven’t talked in almost five years. Shayne held a barbecue to try to reunite the two — which failed — but what we we did learn is that ditzy blonde girls by the name of Lamas can’t cook.

The problem with reality shows is that they’re ridiculous, exaggerated, chopped-up and pieced-together bits of real life. Still, they’re sinfully easy to watch. When our own families get dull, we can laugh with and at the Lamas, like when Shayne’s menopausal mom is caught topless in front of the freezer, much to the horror of son AJ. While shopping with the Lamas sisters, we learn that pineapple juice makes you smell good “down there.” It’s moments like these that make reality shows popular.

While it’s hard to admit, Shayne Lamas isn’t as easy to hate as expected, and the first episode does a great job of portraying the family in a decent light. The show managed to reveal the sting of the tabloids and how a public family just has to get on with life. Still, “Leave it to Lamas” is nothing new. Sneak previews of later episodes promise close-ups of girls in skimpy underwear, lots of Shayne making out and maybe a family moment here and there.

If life gets a little boring and a craving for fame is getting you down, “Leave it to Lamas” will remind you that being semi-semi-famous doesn’t get you much more than an obscure show on E!. Unfortunately, because it’s reality, the show doesn’t have writers with the ability to boost its plot. If you must watch TV, especially cringe-worthy reality shows, “Leave it to Lamas” is an easy pick over a dull, scripted comedy. At least when something dumb happens, it’s clear who should be blamed, not some group of anonymous writers. Playing the blame game is the best thing about terrible TV, anyway.