University Police have released screenshots and a video from security cameras in West Quad Residence Hall of a person they are trying to identify in connection with the Jan. 13 rape case.

On Sunday, a student reported that between 12:45 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. she was raped after coming back from a party with the suspect. University police released a crime alert to the campus community at around 9 a.m. Sunday.

The video shows a suspect trying to enter a door at 1:30 a.m. and later reappearing on a staircase about 10 seconds after his initial appearance.

The video is location stamped as Lloyd-3. There is a Henry Lloyd House in West Quad but the Daily cannot confirm that the footage is from Lloyd House.

University Police also updated their suspect description Monday evening with further information. Initial reports described the suspect as an Asian male between 5’6” and 5’8” with short black hair. University Police are now also describing him as a college-aged male with a thin build and black hair. He is described as wearing a royal blue sweater and wearing a white undershirt and black pants.

West Quad residential staff members said they were scheduled to have a meeting Monday to discuss the incident but details were not immediately available to the public.

If an individual has any information on the suspect or the incident, they are encouraged to contact UMPD at (734) 763-1131 or the UMPD Anonymous Tip Line at (800) 863-1355.

The University’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Michigan Union. It also offers a 24-hour crisis line at (734) 936-3333.