At the University’s Board of Regents meeting tomorrow, several multimillion-dollar construction projects across campus will seek approval, most notably a new marquee outside Michigan Stadium.

The $2.8-million project will be funded through Athletic Department resources and will “announce upcoming events and programs for the Athletic Department” with “visual and audio technology,” according to the request submitted by University Athletic Director Dave Brandon and Timothy Slottow, the University’s executive vice president and chief financial officer.

Specifically, the request said the marquee will “include Athletic Department video footage, graphics, logos and images to help drive awareness of and attendance to Athletic Department events,” also saying that the project is expected to be completed in the fall of 2013.

Slottow and Brandon also delivered a request to approve $9 million’s worth of renovations for a new entrance to the museum portion of Schembechler Hall. The project will draw its funds through the Athletic Department and gifts, increasing the square footage of the hall by about 7,000 feet and renovating about 7,000 existing square feet in the building.

The regents will also consider approving the schematic design of a new Wall Street East parking structure. The structure, which was approved in April , has been discussed for several years. The $34-million project will add 530 parking spaces and is expected to be completed in the winter of 2014.

In addition, the board will look at two other previously approved projects — the addition of 44,700 square feet to the Institute for Social Research building and a new, 78,000-square-foot School of Nursing building.

The board will consider raising the funding of the ISR project from $23 million to $29 million and approving the schematic designs for the $50 million nursing building.

Aside from matters of construction, the board will be discussing pending litigation against the University and litigation filed by the University.

According to the litigation report, former University employee Douglas Smith is suing the Board of Regents, claiming it violated the Michigan Open Meetings Act when it chose a law firm to investigate the University’s management of Stephen Jenson’s child pornography case but did not hold a public meeting to do so.

The plaintiff is arguing that a Freedom of Information Act request regarding how the law firm was chosen was not handled expeditiously and wasn’t complete.

The regents will also be discussing a lawsuit that the University is levying against St. Jude Medical, Inc., alleging that the company has not been paying the University the royalties from patents that it is owed, the report said. The lawsuit seeks to reclaim $5-7 million.