At the monthly meeting of the University’s Board of Regents, the regents will consider multiple proposals including a new graduate degree program, building and renovation projects, and multiple academic and administrative appointments. Below are four items to note at the upcoming meeting.

1.) James L. Hilton, current vice president and chief information officer at the University of Virginia, is recommended to succeed Paul Courant as the Dean of Libraries.

Hilton began his professional career at the University as an assistant professor in LSA in 1985, eventually serving as the associate provost for academic, information and instructional affairs from 2001 to 2006.

In communication with the regents, Martha Pollack, the University’s provost, wrote that Hilton is “an advocate for strong collaboration between academic and technology cultures in university environments,” having been engaged with national digital preservation efforts.

“Professor Hilton has a history of helping large organizations successfully confront and embrace changing environments,” Pollack wrote.

2.) The Ross School of Business will propose a new graduate degree program —Master of Management — in order to meet the “growing demand for graduate-level business education for students whose recent undergraduate degree is in a non-business area.”

The proposal states that other universities have begun to offer this degree and the school would like to be at the forefront of these developments. With approval, the program will begin in July 2014.

3.) A project is proposed to demolish the existing Ferry Field locker rooms in order to construct a new 13,000 square-foot field hockey team center that will refurbish Ocker Field and include a new grandstand that can hold 1,500 spectators.

The project, estimated to cost $13.5 million, will be funded through resources from the Athletic Department and gifts.

4.) Kevin Graffagnino, director of the William L. Clements Library, is recommended for a reappointment for another three-year term.

The proposal for reappointment lauds Graffagnino’s efforts to make acquisitions for the library collection and his successful effort to secure additional funding for the renovation of the Clements Library.

Correction appended: A previous version of this article stated that Martha Pollack was the interim provost not the provost. She assumed the position of provost on May 6 for a two-year term.