Massillon, Ohio (AP) Massillon Washington quarterback Justin Zwick, the subject of intensive recruiting, said on Wednesday that he will play college football at Ohio State in 2002.

The 6-foot-4, Zwick said he wanted to stay close to his family, a 90 minute drive back home. He was also impressed with new Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel and the new offensive philosophies which Ohio State seemed to demonstrate during its spring game, stressing the pass despite Ohio State and Tressel”s tendency to favor the run.

Zwick”s brother, Jarrod, is a dental school student at Ohio State and was coached by Tressel at Youngstown State. The Zwick family and Tressel have been close for years and brother Jarrod”s praise of Tressel had an influence on Zwick”s decision.

“I feel comfortable with the coaching staff,” Zwick said. “I was working out with my brother in Youngstown and got to know coach Tressel and his program. He cares more about his players than anything else.”

The 215-pound Zwick, who will be a senior next football season, said he had 15 to 20 schools recruiting him. Zwick admitted that arch rival Michigan was his second choice behind Ohio State and that is was difficult to call quarterback coach Stan Parrish with the news.

Zwick is expected to be the only Ohio State quarterback recruit in the 2002 recruiting class.