RC students and friends enjoyed a night at the theater this weekend.

The RC Players, a student theatre group, put on this semester’s first show, titled an “Evening of Scenes,” for students and the public in the Keene Theater in East Quad Residence Hall Friday and Saturday.

The production featured five original pieces written by members of the RC Players, with stories featuring everything from old-wheelchair-bound men in disguise to serial killer roommates to knife-toting Romeo and Juliet.

“Evening of Scenes” is the first show put on by the RC Players each semester and features scenes for each show that range from five to 10 minutes. The segment has been a part of the Players’ repertoire for the last 16 years, with its first production coming in the winter of 1998.

LSA sophomore Clare Higgins, a student in the Residential College, wrote the opening scene, “Smells Like Tween Spirit,” about the events that occur leading up to a boy asking out his school crush.

LSA freshmen Danielle Colburn and Rachel Armstrong, also students in the RC, said they enjoyed the show and laughed throughout the hour.

Colburn said her favorite among the scenes was “50 Shades of Gray Matter,” written by LSA sophomore Sarah Barnitt. The act portrayed a couple on a date, with two actors representing the left and right brains of the woman.

Armstrong said she found the variety of pieces in the show interesting.

Armstrong added that she enjoyed “Story Time,” written by LSA junior Skyler Tarnas, another RC student, and thought it was hilarious. “Story Time” was the fourth scene in the production and depicted a student living in a single dorm room and a witch who brings characters from his books to life.

“I thought the humor was very vivid,” she said. “It looked like they had a lot of fun doing it and I had a lot of fun watching it, too.”