“Let’s put it this way – I won’t be sending them a Thanksgiving turkey.”
– A.D. Bill Martin on the players charged with taking money.
“When we delete those wins from the records, we no longer won those games. By default the other team won those games.”
– A.D. Bill Martin on the games Michigan will be forced to forfeit.
“Our focus at this time is to get through the Infractions Committee and we will address that issue at that time. We haven’t entirely ruled it out at this point.”
– A.D. Bill Martin on possibly taking legal action against the four players involved with Ed Martin.
“We did learn that Mr. Martin provided some benefits to other Detroit area high schoolers that later attended other collegiate institutions. And that is referred to in our report.”
– University General Counsel Marvin Krislov on other players being mentioned during the meeting with Ed Martin’s attornies on July 26.
“It’s not something you look forward to as a head coach at a great institution. You also know that you have to make some tough decisions and be a part of some difficult situations for the betterment of the institution.”
– Michigan coach Tommy Amaker on taking part in making the final decision about the sanctions.