The Michigan women’s soccer team has now won two Big Ten games, something the program hadn’t accomplished in a season since 2006. This year the Wolverines did it in one weekend, taking down two Indiana programs: the Boilermakers on Thursday and the Hoosiers on Sunday.

After a come-from-behind victory Thursday over Purdue at home, the Wolverines headed to Bloomington on Sunday for a match against Indiana (0-6-0 Big Ten, 4-10-1 overall), hoping to clinch their second conference win — a dark milestone, but a milestone nonetheless.

Just five minutes into regulation, redshirt sophomore forward Clare Stachel took a corner kick for Michigan, sending the ball to the back post which found the feet of senior forward Amanda Bowery.

Bowery chipped the ball past the Indiana goalkeeper, giving the Wolverines the early edge. The senior’s goal gave her 43 career points, moving her into 13th place on the Michigan career list.

The rest of the first half remained scoreless, and Michigan headed into halftime with a 1-0 lead.

The Wolverines sealed the Hoosiers’ fate not even five minutes into the second half when Stachel deposited a long cross from freshman midfielder Shelina Zadorsky into the net, putting Michigan up 2-0.

The lead was cut to one with a penalty kick goal by Indiana late in the second half, but Michigan (2-1-2, 7-2-4) held on and captured its second Big Ten win of the weekend.

Michigan coach Greg Ryan described the weekend as a team effort, as he went to the bench for support but also depended on the team’s veterans.

“We knew that winning this weekend was important if we wanted to have a shot,” Ryan said of making the NCAA Tournament. “We are going to be playing some teams this weekend that are ahead of us a little bit.”

Michigan will continue its three-game road trip this weekend, with games against conference foes Minnesota and Wisconsin, on Friday and Sunday, respectively.

“If you look at our wins, losses and ties, we only have two losses,” Ryan said. “So if we can pull out a couple wins next weekend, it would put us in great position.”

Each of the past three Michigan teams to sweep Purdue and Indiana in the same weekend made it to the NCAA Tournament, so the two wins could bode well for the Wolverines’ future.