At this morning’s weekly press conference, Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez said that the quarterback situation will remain the same against Notre Dame as it was last week against Miami (Ohio). Quarterback Steven Threet is expected to start but quarterback Nick Sheridan will also receive snaps against the Fighting Irish. Freshman Justin Feagin, who Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez said last week will redshirt this season, has been playing at slot receiver during practice. Rodriguez confirmed he will not burn Feagin’s redshirt and redshirt sophomore David Cone is still the team’s third quarterback.

Sheridan came to Monday’s press conference with a white wrap around his right elbow, but when asked, said it was the result of a hit Saturday and was “no big deal.”

Injury report: Rodriguez said left tackle Mark Ortmann dislocated his elbow and will not play this weekend against Notre Dame. Ortmann was in a block ‘M’ sling after Michigan’s win over Miami (Ohio) last Saturday.

Rodriguez also said wide receiver Greg Mathews and running back Michael Shaw will return to the field Saturday. Mathews injured his foot against Utah on Aug. 30, and Shaw suffered a groin injury Saturday that caused him to miss most of the game.

Junior running back Carlos Brown wore a white jersey for the first time in yesterday’s practice and is also expected to contribute Saturday.

Notes: Rodriguez praised freshman defensive tackle Mike Martin’s contributions against Miami last Saturday, mentioning Martin’s sack that caused the RedHawks to lose nine yards on the play. … Freshman tight end Kevin Koger still has a chance to play this season, even though he’s behind veterans Carson Butler and Mike Massey on the depth chart, Rodriguez said.