Pulitzer Prize nominee Daniel Levitas will speak on “Domestic Terrorism and Paramilitary Hate in the Post-9/11 Era: The Challenge to Democracy and Civil Liberties” today in the Vandenberg Room of the Michigan League at 7 p.m.

Levitas will address themes from his book “The Terrorist Next Door: The Militia Movement and the Radical Right” and discuss dynamics of racism, anti-Semitism and far right groups and social movements in the United States.

Children living with AIDS speak on “journey of hope”

An educational forum to facilitate knowledge and understanding about the impact of HIV and AIDS, “Journey of Hope,” will be held in Rackham Auditorium today at 7 p.m. With guest speakers being children living with the disease, the forum will focus on child experiences.

Chinese ‘Dragon’ ballet makes way to Power Center

A seventeenth-century martial arts legend will be performed as a ballet, “Voice of the Dragon: Once Upon a Time in Chinese America,” in the Power Center today at 8 p.m.

Sponsored by the Major Events Office, the ballet is about opportunism and betrayal of Chinese Americans.

Relationships and gender equality to be focus of lecture

A presentation by Ngaire Donaghue titled “Women and men in close relationship: Who cares about equality?” will be held in Lane Hall in Room 2239 tomorrow at noon.

Donaghue received her doctorate at the University of Melbourne and research interests include gendered self-representation and rhetorical functions of emotion statements. The event is sponsored by the Institute for Research on Women and Gender.

Prof to speak on ending domestic violence in Japan

The University Center for Japanese Studies will present a lecture, “Contemporary Women’s Movements to Stop Domestic Violence in Japan,” in Room 1636 of the International Institute, Thursday at noon.

Visiting Prof. Yukiko Tsunoda works as a legal advisor for the Tokyo Rape Crisis Center.

In this lecture, Tsunoda will discuss how Japanese women’s movements can overcome obstacles like the government’s attempts to minimize the movement’s efficacy.

Organizations offer stories from living in ‘oasis of peace’

Progressive Israel Alliance and the Muslim Students Association are sponsoring “Neve Shalon / Wahat Al-Salam: Living Together in the Oasis of Peace,” a panel discussion on a village where both Jews and Palestinians have lived together peacefully.

The discussion will take place at the University Hillel on Thursday at 7 p.m.

It features Abdessalam Najjar and Sagi Frish, who will share their experiences as members of the village’s community.

Groups perform at inauguration of 13th ‘U’ president

University President Mary Sue Coleman will be inaugurated as the 13th president at a ceremony at Crisler Arena Thursday at 10 a.m.

Coleman will give the Presidential Address, which will be followed by a lecture by Center for Afroamerican and African Studies Director James Jackson.

The University Symphonic and Concert Band and the Men’s Glee Club will perform.

Artist to speak on installation art, 3-D constructions

Visiting artist Judy Pfaff will be giving a lecture on installation art and three-dimensional constructions in the Auditorium of the Art and Architecture Building at 5 p.m.

Pfaff is a professor of art at Bard College in New York and received her MFA from Yale University.

– Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Carmen Johnson.