Purdue 37

Michigan 26

– Play of the game – After Michigan cut the deficit to 10 in the fourth quarter, Purdue QB #12 went deep down the right sideline to WR #9 to put the game away. The 63-yard connection put Purdue in the red zone and led to its fifth touchdown.

– Player of the game – Purdue QB # 12. The signal-caller went 20-of-30 for 341 yards and four touchdowns, having his way with a weak Michigan secondary. All four of his touchdown passes went to different targets.

– Press conference
Purdue coach Scott Bell:
“Do we really need to do this press conference every week? I’m always going to win, and it’s not going to be very close. Rinse, lather, repeat.”

“I think coach Wright heard a lot of complaints about the predictability of his offense, so he decided to play from 4-wide and 5-wide shotgun all the time. I guess it didn’t help him that he was playing from behind all game.”

Michigan coach Kevin Wright: “Well, there’s not much to say. I lost, and it wasn’t very close.”

“Yeah, I only ran Mike Hart six times, but it’s kind of hard to when the offensive line can’t block.”

“I’m not sure why WR #80 isn’t playing more this year. He had more than 100 yards and even made a critical tackle after an interception on a two-point conversion.”

“I would say this is my worst performance ever, but then I remembered I played with Ball State last season.”