Minnesota 59 Michigan 17

Before every football game this season, two of the Daily football writers will take the weekend’s matchup to the PlayStation 2 and then let you know what happened.

– Play of the game – The first time Minnesota RB #22 touched the ball for the Gophers, he went 55 yards for a touchdown, and everyone knew that this was going to be a blowout – and it was.

– Player of the game – Minnesota RB #22 carried the ball 38 times for 528 yards and seven touchdowns. He set the all-time yardage record in a single game and made the Wolverines turn in their manhood at the end of the contest.

Press conference quotes:

Minnesota coach Matt Venegoni:

“I would be lying if I said I was ever planning on passing the ball this game. Let’s be honest, QB #3 throws the ball like he has no fingers.

“I know that I’m better than Gabe, so for me, it came down to me wanting to set a record for that gangster #22 and humiliating the opposing coach.

“It’s nice having the Brown Jug. It hasn’t seen my home state of Minnesota since 1986. I was three years old. After a while, I didn’t even think it was real. It’s pretty cool.”

Michigan coach Gabe Edelson:

“This was definitely a disappointing game for our football team. Allowing the other team’s ground game that many yards is embarrassing.

“The worst part about this loss is that it takes us out of the Big Ten championship race. It simply came down to stopping the run, and we couldn’t do it.

“I’ve decided to bench the entire front seven for next week’s game against Penn State. You’re going to see some new faces in there. So long, Jug.”

“I sure hope RB #22 wins the Heisman trophy because I’d hate to be shown up by just another scrub.”