It would be easy to forget that recent ‘U’ alum Adam Lynn and his partner Zach Ruben, decked out in designer suits while sitting in a makeshift VIP room overlooking the EMU Convocation Center arena — which in mere hours would host hundreds of rabble-rousers clustering around the world-renowned Tiësto — are recent undergrads who were putting on events at their respective campuses just a couple of years ago.

But when the industrious pair poses in the DJ booth on stage and Ruben dons Tiësto’s headphones for a photo-op, they both grin with matching looks, knowing they’ve created not only a hot new event promotion company, but a dream job.

Well, this isn’t so much a job or even a career as it is a capital-L Lifestyle.

After Lynn graduated from both the University and his undergraduate college event promotion business (the aptly named Social Studyz), he connected with an equally entrepreneurial graduate of the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Zach Ruben, who had founded his own company, Prime Productions. Despite the rumors that the New York native Lynn had heard about Ruben’s hometown of Columbus, Ohio, being the “devil’s land,” Lynn and Ruben found common ground after collaborating on a four-day college tour featuring DJ Steve Aoki. They combined their shared talents and markets to create the hybrid promoting company Prime Social Group. They’ve done 40 shows since the start of the year, featuring talents like the DJ Avicii and Lupe Fiasco.

But it didn’t come easy.

“I was just the kid who sent an e-mail every day,” Lynn said, talking about how he found enough connections to start the business. “I called every other day until I got something. You know the movie ‘Wall Street?’ Bud Fox calls Gordon Gekko every day for a year until he finally gets an appointment. I was like Bud Fox.”

“Zach is kinda the workhorse,” Lynn added. “It’s a very good partnership … we’re partners but we’re friends too, which is good since there’s a lot of traveling and we spend a lot of time together.”

The suave duo may don designer duds and sip the kind of vodka Ludacris raps about with world-renowned musicians, but they are forced to apologetically pause the interview intermittently to attend to their constantly buzzing smartphones to deal with last-minute details. Ruben’s Blackberry calendar looks to be as crammed with dates and exotic locales as the President’s. Lynn confirms that catering to the rich and famous and hand-crafting events awash in strobe lights attended by thousands is a 24-hour-a-day job.

“I don’t think people understand what our job really is,” Ruben said. “They think we just post Facebook photos and pass out flyers. But we’re financing the entire show. The term promoter has a negative connotation. That’s because of mainly nightclub promoters in big cities.”

Lynn added, despite the schmoozing with celebrities and traveling to Europe — where they have connections in cities like Barcelona that Ruben hooked up while studying abroad in Spain — to produce shows, their job is anything but a constant party.

“It’s a way prettier position that it actually is,” Lynn said. “People are always like, ‘You have the best job ever.’ They see the picture of us with Tiësto. … I wouldn’t trade it for anything but you have to put in the time. We’re at a critical point in our career — we can take advantage of this and work our asses off, or be complacent and say, ‘Hey we’ve done great this year’ and be done with it … that’s why me and Zach sort of feed off each other.”

The job certainly has its perks, and Lynn and Ruben are constantly networking and hustling to expand their already skyrocketing business. They work with a travel agency called College Travel Experts to provide a spring break package not only drenched in sun, but in electronic-music in Puerto Vallarta, bringing musical acts like Steve Aoki down to Mexico to play exclusively for these spring breakers.

Although the duo has a lot on the horizon, Lynn and Ruben have their share of stories and battle scars from running these shows and providing top-notch comfort to musicians and comedy acts. Even though they’re used to dealing with celebre-DJs, the pair isn’t immune to becoming starstruck.

“We did a show with Avicii when he was a small act and no one really knew him,” Lynn said. “So when I saw him at the second show I didn’t even think he would recognize me but when he saw me, we started drinking together and having a good time and he’s like my boy now. … To actually make a friendship with an artist like that and actually have a true connection was pretty cool.”

As the opening act warms up the hundreds of partiers situated below in the arena, the beats start to seep into the makeshift but appropriately swanky VIP room. The two undergraduate party planners-turned-bona fide, savvy businessmen reflect on their rise.

“It’s a career now,” Lynn said. “I wake up in the morning, and I’m not worrying about classes. I’m worrying about contracts … as they say, I’m still living the dream.”

Correction appended: An earlier version of this article misidentified the location of Tiësto’s concert. The concert took place at the EMU Convocation Center.