Thanks to a new business opening on Liberty, satisfying your sweet tooth will be a piece of pie.

Grand Traverse Pie Company is slated to open at 505 East Liberty St. — the space formerly occupied by @burger — in mid-November. Founded in 1996, the company is a regionally-based operation with 17 locations across Michigan and Indiana, including one on North Zeeb Road in Ann Arbor.

Grand Traverse Pie Company’s menu includes sandwiches, soups and baked goods in addition to an extensive pie selection including such flavors as “Front Street Apple,” “Blissful Pecan Chocolate Chip,” and “Tall Ship Blackberry Peach Crumb.”

Brendan Cavender, a commercial broker at Colliers International — a commercial real estate service — leased the 3,185-square-foot space to the company with his business partner, Jim Chaconas. Cavender said he is excited at the prospect of a new business on Liberty Street.

“It’s one less vacant building,” Cavender said.

A number of businesses on East Liberty have closed recently or will close soon, including Borders , Poshh and This & That.

“Businesses are struggling,” Cavender said. “I think it’s because of the types of businesses down there. It’ll be interesting to see (what happens).”

Potential tenants including burger joints, pizza restaurants, Middle Eastern eateries and other national chains were interested in renting the space, according to Cavender.

Grand Traverse Pie Company has plans for “minor renovations to the space,” Cavender said. He added that @burger left behind chairs, tables and a full kitchen when it moved out in July after 11 months of business.

General Manager Rich French said the staff of the new store has yet to be hired, but employees will likely be trained at the business’s location on North Zeeb Road.

Angela Eddins, the owner of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, which is a few doors down from the Grand Traverse Pie Company’s new location, said she welcomes the new establishment.

“All we want are good, strong, healthy businesses next to us that bring people into our area to shop,” Eddins said. “I wish them all the luck and would like to meet and support the owner.”

Correction appended: A previous version of this article misstated Brendan Cavender’s job title. He is a corporate broker. This article also incorrectly stated how the Grand Traverse Pie Company acquired their location on East Liberty St. The company leased the space.