Campus police concluded yesterday that a recent string of “peeping tom” incidents in University residence halls are linked.

Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Diane Brown said in all but one case the suspect”s description has been strikingly similar.

DPS issued a crime alert for the suspect, who was spotted again in an East Quad Residence Hall women”s restroom Sunday. A third-floor Hayden House resident observed a black man watching a female student showering. He left the scene after the resident saw him. The suspect was spotted again yesterday morning in an East Quad women”s restroom watching a female student showering.

“In each case he has entered an unsecured area a door has been propped open or taped up,” Brown said.

The man was described as being in his early 20s and wearing a gray sweatshirt and a prominently displayed gold chain. He might have been wearing blue jeans, a black cap and black leather jacket.

DPS issued another crime alert yesterday after two unknown white men entered an unlocked room in the Law Quad”s Lawyer”s Club Residence Monday and stole two laptop computers. The duo fled the scene when the resident entered the room.

Both men were described as being about 6 feet tall. One suspect is between 18-22 years old with a stocky build and short, light hair. He was seen wearing a red baseball cap turned backwards and a dark-colored rugby shirt and dark cargo pants.

The second man has a medium build and dark hair.