PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (AP) Redemption for Matt Gogel came in the right place yesterday at Pebble Beach, and it was just as stunning as his setback.

Two years after he was victimized by Tiger Woods” incredible comeback, Gogel holed a 25-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole and won the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am when Pat Perez took a triple bogey on the final hole.

Gogel closed with a 3-under 69 for his first PGA Tour victory.

This one will be remembered more for a collapse far more spectacular than when Gogel squandered a seven-stroke lead over Woods with seven holes to play.

After a six-foot birdie putt on the 17th to take a one-stroke lead, Perez hit his tee shot over the gallery and into a hedge. Once it was found, PGA Tour rules officials deemed it was out of bounds by a few feet.

Perez was walking back to the 18th tee to hit his third shot when he heard a roar that made the walk even longer Gogel holed his birdie putt, sweeping his arm in a big uppercut to celebrate the biggest putt of his career.

Perez reloaded and found the fairway, then hooked his fourth shot into the Pacific Ocean to hand Gogel the tournament.

“It”s a funny game,” said Gogel, who finished at 274. “I feel for Pat because I”ve been in that position. I”m just glad I made that last putt.”

It was no laughing matter for Perez, the 25-year-old winner of Q-school with a short fuse that was on display throughout a tumultuous final round. He finished with a 76, making just five pars, and finished three strokes behind.

Two-time U.S. Open champion Lee Janzen had a 73 and tied for third at 278 with Andrew Magee, who had a 72.

Woods tied for the low round of the day, a 68, but was never a factor yesterday for the second straight year at Pebble Beach, scene of his record-setting victory in the U.S. Open.