DETROIT (AP) – Two thrill-seeking teenagers stabbed an adult acquaintance, took a blowtorch to his corpse and threw his severed head into a river, prosecutors said yesterday as they charged the pair.

Canton High School senior Jean Pierre Orlewicz, 17, and Alexander James Letkemann, 18, ambushed 26-year-old Daniel Sorenson last Wednesday in a garage owned by Orlewicz’s grandfather, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said. A tarp had been spread on the floor, she said.

“They lured him in the garage where they prepared a space to kill him,” Worthy said at a news conference.

Sorenson, who had worked as a bouncer, was stabbed multiple times in the back, his head was sawed off and his body was wrapped in the tarp, authorities said. Orlewicz and Letkemann burned his hands and feet with a blowtorch, possibly in an effort to conceal his identity, Worthy said.

“They made plans on how they were to clean up the blood,” Worthy said. “They made plans on how they were going to dispose of the body.”

The teens loaded Sorenson’s torso into a pickup truck, dumped it in a cul-de-sac in Wayne County’s Northville Township and set it on fire using gasoline, police said.

A utility crew found it Thursday morning, they said.

Sorenson’s head was found Saturday in the Rouge River on the border of Detroit and Dearborn Heights, about 15 miles from where the torso was found.