It wasn”t as bad as 34-2, but it was close. Here”s a look at the first 7:18 minutes of play as the Blue Devils built an insurmountable 29-4 lead.

n Michigan”s four points were courtesy of Chris Young. He hit both free throws after being fouled by Mike Dunleavy, then scored inside on a dish from Leon Jones.

n Jason Williams scored 14 in those first few minutes including a 3-pointer to open the game, and another 3-pointer (on which he was also fouled) to make the Duke lead 15-4.

n Michigan”s shooting was horrible. Gavin Groninger, Bernard Robinson and LaVell Blanchard each missed their field goal attempts on the team”s first three possessions. Blanchard”s was an airball, and Robinson”s barely drew iron.

n When Blanchard picked up his third foul with 12:42 remaining in the first half. It was the Wolverines” fifth team foul. At that point in the game, Michigan had more fouls (five) than points (four). It was reminiscent of last year against Duke when they had more fouls (three) than points (two).

n While Michigan once again fell behind by a huge margin early on, it wasn”t because the Wolverines didn”t take care of the ball. Last year, a flustered MIchigan team succumbed to the raucous Cameron Indoor Stadium environment and committed nearly 30 turnovers. But on Saturday, the Wolverines” main culprit remained a horrid shooting percentage and Williams.