Tickets to the 2003 Outback Bowl, featuring No. 12 Michigan and No. 22 Florida, officially sold out just nine days after the matchup was announced.

The Michigan Athletic Department sold the last of its 11,000 seats Thursday morning.

“The response to the Gators vs. Wolverines matchup has been tremendous,” Outback Bowl President Jim McVay said. “We knew there were a lot of fans of both teams that would be interested in attending their first ever matchup.”

Marty Bodnar, Michigan’s director of ticket operations, was especially pleased with how “seamlessly” the process ran this year because of the new online partnership with Paciolan’s E-Venue.

“We had 65 percent of our fans ordering through the new online system we started in June,” Bodnar said. “Because we had so many people using that system, that made it much easier for the 35 percent that wanted to call in to reach us. Before those people would have been waiting on the line and having trouble getting through.”

The online ordering system also has made it easier for the ticket office to turn around and deliver tickets quickly. Bodnar said that every seat has been assigned, and tickets will be mailed either on Friday or Monday.

“I’m very pleased with how the whole thing worked this time,” Bodnar said. “We have great fans, and we’re looking forward to another great game against a great opponent.”

Michigan (9-3) and Florida (8-4) will face each other in Tampa, Fla. on Jan 1 at 11 a.m. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.