EAST LANSING — In the Michigan women’s basketball team’s 69-56 loss to No. 11 Michigan State on Sunday, junior guard Jamilya Hardley, who averages just 3 minutes and 1.4 points per game, scored the same number of points as junior guard Carmen Reynolds — the team’s second-leading scorer.

That number? One.

In a game when the Wolverines needed their best players to step up the most, Michigan’s leading scorers were nowhere to be found.

Reynolds, who leads the team in 3-point shooting at 39 percent, shot the ball just four times and attempted only one 3-pointer in 32 minutes of play. Michigan State senior guard Cetera Washington hounded Reynolds all night, rarely allowing her to touch the ball.

“I thought Cetera did a tremendous job (guarding Reynolds),” Michigan State coach Suzy Merchant said. “She did a lot that didn’t show up on the stat sheet, in terms of (causing) frustration (for Reynolds).”

But Reynolds wasn’t the only player who went missing on the offensive end. Sophomore forward Rachel Sheffer, the team’s third-leading scorer, had just five points on the night — all from the free-throw line. She attempted just two field goals all game.

Even senior guard Veronica Hicks, the Wolverines’ leading scorer, scored just nine points on 4-for-10 shooting. The trio of Hicks, Reynolds and Sheffer also accounted for a combined nine turnovers on the night.

“We really didn’t find any rhythm to our offense all night,” Sheffer said. “We went on a few little runs, but we could never really get into a rhythm.”

Michigan’s biggest scoring production came from junior guard Courtney Boylan and sophomore guard Jenny Ryan, who both had 11 points for the game. Ryan is notoriously known around the league for her defensive ability, but not her jump shot.

HICKS HITS THE 1,000 CAREER POINTS MARKER: With 19:12 to go in the second half, Hicks hit a lay up to put her name in Michigan’s record books.

“Everybody wants to do that when they come here and play for Michigan,” Hicks said. “It’s great to have accomplished that, but I would have traded any one of those points to get the ‘W’ tonight.”

Hicks, who averages 12 points per game this season, is the 21st Wolverine to hit the milestone.

RECORD CROWD AT THE BRESLIN CENTER: Michigan State’s sold-out crowd of 14,797 people was the biggest crowd to ever watch a women’s basketball game in the Breslin Center. Scalpers roamed the streets outside of the stadium, and fans began filling into the stadium hours before the opening tip off. The Wolverines were greeted with a flurry of boos as they ran onto the court for warmups.

“I definitely appreciated the crowd,” Hicks said. “I loved when we came out and they were booing. Like coach (Borseth) said, (the crowd) is good for women’s basketball all around. I thank everyone for coming out here tonight.”