At Thursday’s meeting of the University Board of Regents, the board will discuss three new campus construction projects up for approval. The meeting is set to begin at 3 p.m. in the Regents’ Room of the Fleming Administration Building.

The first project the board will consider is a $2.1 million renovation to the Residential College Auditorium in East Quadrangle. The 11,300-square-foot renovation will provide updates to the technology, lighting, stage and seating areas. The remodel also includes plans for accessibility updates to meet codes and standards outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Funding for the project will come from the College of Literature, Science and the Arts, donor gifts and the University’s General Fund.

A $1.2 million, 8,300-square-foot renovation to the Environmental and Water Resources Engineering Building will also be discussed at Thursday’s meeting. Home to laboratories, classrooms and offices for the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the College of Engineering will provide funding for the project.

The Regents will also be asked to approve a $6.6 million replacement and maintenance project for approximately 600 feet of tunnels in the northwest section of the Diag and 125 feet of piping in Lorch Hall. The maintenance is part of a four-year plan developed in 2006 to repair the University’s underground tunnel and piping system.

If approved, construction for all three projects is expected to begin in fall 2009.