The Michigan women’s tennis team highlighted its spring break trip with a sweep over Loyola Marymount on Wednesday.

The Wolverines blanked the Lions in all three doubles matches as well as the six singles matches, defeating LMU, 7-0, in the warm California weather.

“We got a match outdoors which we don’t get too often,” Michigan coach Ronni Bernstein said. “We took care of business.”

This was the first time since their season opener against Western Michigan that Michigan (9-3) swept all nine matches.

The Wolverines struck first at No. 1 doubles where freshman Mimi Nguyen and sophomore Michelle Sulahian defeated Jasmin Heckel and Bliss Nixon, 8-0. Junior Denise Muresan and senior Tania Mahtani then clinched the doubles point for Michigan at No. 3, winning 8-0 as well.

The team has only dropped one doubles point all season — against then-No. 4 Florida on Feb. 12 — which definitely makes it one of its strong points.

Additionally, two of Michigan’s doubles’ pairings received rankings for the first time this season. Nguyen and Sulahian came in at No. 32 and juniors Whitney Taney and Rika Tatsuno entered at No. 53.

Coach Bernstein said the Wolverines’ doubles success has given them confidence that they can compete against anyone in the country for that elusive point. At this stage in the season, she has reiterated that she’s happy with the team’s doubles progress.

Michigan continued to stay on top, winning all six singles matches against Loyola Marymount (1-5) in straight sets. Sulahian started the Wolverines’ rally at No. 6, blanking Garcia-Planas 6-0, 6-0. Taney quickly followed her at No. 5, winning 6-0, 6-1.

Another accomplishment for Michigan was the return of victories for the No. 1, 2 and 3 singles spots. The past two matches versus then-No. 5 Baylor and then-No. 32 TCU were won despite losses at 1, 2 and 3.

Yesterday, that changed after junior No. 27 Denise Muresan defeated Jasmin Heckel at No. 1, 6-1, 6-1. Junior Rika Tatsuno won at No. 2 and Nguyen moved up to No. 3 for the first time in her career.

“Those in the top spots play the top players in the country,” coach Bernstein said. “Once they start winning and getting that confidence back, I think one through six will be just fine.”