As the host team for a NCAA regionals, the No. 4 Michigan tennis team shut out its first round opponent in the tournament on Saturday afternoon at the Varsity Tennis Center.

The Wolverines beat Illinois-Chicago 4-0.

Michigan dominated the entire match — winning the doubles point easily and not losing a single set in singles play.

Mimi Nguyen — Big Ten Freshman of The Year — and Michelle Sulahian continued their excellent doubles play in the number two spot, winning 8-0.

Sulahian was then the first off the singles courts, winning 6-0, 6-1. Nguyen’s match was forfeited, but she was winning 6-2, 5-2 when the match ended.

The two shortest members of the team have been a great duo all year.

“We’re both fun-size, so that’s our first similarity,” Nguyen said. “And second, we just feed off of each other’s energies really well. Our games complement, which I think is why our play has been so steady.”

Michigan moves on to the second round where they will face No. 34 Ohio State. The Buckeyes advanced early Saturday by defeating No. 30 DePaul.

The Wolverines host the rival Buckeyes at 1 p.m. on Saturday. The winner will move on to play in the Sweet 16 in Georgia next week.

“They know us and we know them very well,” Michigan coach Ronni Bernstein said of Ohio State. “It’s going to be fun. I’m excited. I think it’s a great opportunity for both programs, and hopefully we’ll get through it.”