Michigan men’s golf coach Andrew Sapp will see some familiar faces this weekend.

Sapp, the first-year coach who took over for the retired Jim Carras, will take his team to Wilmington, N.C. to compete in the 12-team Landfall Tradition.

One of those 12 teams, Purdue, holds a special place in Sapp’s heart. Sapp served as associate coach of the Boilermakers for the past four years before taking over at Michigan.

But even though Sapp is in Ann Arbor, he still finds time to talk to his former players.

“I still keep in touch with those guys through e-mail,” Sapp said.

Although Sapp said he won’t be nervous facing his old team, he would like nothing more than to see his Wolverines paired with them during the first rounds.

“If our guys are paired with them during the tournament, that would be a lot of fun.”

The Wolverines have struggled this year. After finishing ninth at their own tournament three weeks ago, the Wolverines could only muster a 14th-place finish two weeks ago at the Xavier Invitational.

“I’m still looking for that consistency,” Sapp said. “I’ve been pleased with the practices, and I want to end our season on a good note.”

Michigan’s lineup will consist of freshmen Mark McIntosh and Jimmy Wisinski, sophomore Rob Tighe and juniors Dave Nichols and Chris Kellogg.

This will be the first time Kellogg has competed for the Wolverines all season.

If the Wolverines are looking to make a run for the Landfall Tradition title, they are going to have to take down some formidable foes.

Along with Purdue, the Wolverines will see Duke, Wisconsin and defending national champion Minnesota.

“This is a strong field,” Sapp said. “If we finish in the top five, that will be a successful tournament for us.”

This will be the last tournament of the fall for Michigan.

While the Wolverines won’t compete again until the Puerto Rico Classic over spring break, Sapp will put his team on its standard winter workout schedule.

“The guys will run three times a week to stay in shape,” Sapp said. “After this tournament, we won’t focus on golf until after the Christmas break.”