Three members of the Michigan men’s tennis team will be given a golden opportunity to shine at the Rocket Invitational in Toledo this weekend, one of the last tournaments of the fall season.

Junior Brett Baudinet, sophomores Vineeth Gossain and Carey Rubin did not see singles action in the main draw of last weekend’s Rolex Regional Championships in Madison. But the trio will compete in singles competition in Toledo starting today.

“I want to give these guys a chance to get some matches under their belt,” Michigan coach Mark Mees said. The Rocket Invitational “is an opportunity for those three to get some play in. It’s a good, solid tournament.”

Traditionally, there have been several Big Ten teams that send top players to the Rocket Invitational, including Ohio State and Northwestern. Also, Mid-American Conference schools such as Toledo and Ball State are usually well-represented at the tournament.

Last week in Madison, sophomore Mike Rubin played well, splitting his two singles matches. Junior Anthony Jackson also turned in a solid performance, despite losing his first match in three sets.

Overall, Mees was pleased with his team’s showing at the tournament.

“We did a pretty good job,” he said. “We’re trying to make sure (the team) is getting better from the beginning of the fall. We have a ways to go, but it is a positive to see people improving.”

Following the Rocket Invitational, the squad will participate in the Big Ten Singles Championship before a long layoff until the indoor season begins in earnest in January.

“We are looking to make some improvements across the board,” Mees said. “It’s important that everyone continues to work hard.”