Score another for the Buckeyes.

The Michigan men’s soccer team had not beaten Ohio State in three years, and history repeated itself as they dropped a 1-0 decision to No. 2 seed Ohio State in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament.

Ohio State senior Xavier Balc scored the game’s lone goal in the 15th minute on a volley from the right side. Senior Casey Latchem notched his second straight shutout against Michigan.

The Wolverines outshot the Buckeyes 14-10 but couldn’t convert on any scoring opportunities.

“I don’t think you’re able to put your finger on any one reason,” Michigan head coach Steve Burns said through the Athletic Department. “I thought their backs were pretty organized and blocked quite a few of our shots.”

Michigan’s season may be over as it waits to see if it receives an invitation to the NCAA Tournament.

The Wolverines started the season strong, winning eight of their first nine games.

But after a disappointing finish to the year, in which Michigan won just two of its last 10 matches and went winless in conference play, the waiting game begins for the selection committee’s decision next week.

“We’ll be training until that announcement in preparation that hopefully our season will continue,” Burns said through the Athletic Department. “We’ll see if we’ve done enough with the body of our work.”