After battling through a tough doubles match with her partner, freshman Brook Bolender, senior Denise Muresan powered her way through an easy singles match.

“I just wanted to have fun today and enjoy the match,” Muresan said Sunday. “ I just wanted to play the best that I can and stay patient. In the end that’s what I did and I felt pretty comfortable and confident in what I was doing.”

Against No. 18 Vanderbilt (5-2), No. 11 Muresan dismantled her opponent in the No. 1 singles match — eighty-third ranked Jackie Wu — in quick fashion. After breaking Wu’s first service game to start the match, the senior never looked back.

Displaying an impressive baseline and net game, Muresan cruised to an easy victory and was the first singles player to finish after overpowering her opponent, 6-2, 6-1.

Even though she had a relatively easy time winning her singles match, the Lincolnshire, Ill. native did not have an easy day.

In her No. 1 doubles match with Bolender, the duo fell behind early — losing the first two games.

“At first we started off just a little bit shaky,” Muresan said. “I think we were just a little tight.”

Led by Muresan, they were able to recover, showcasing a dexterous ability at finishing off points at the net. After much struggle, the team prevailed over Vanderbilt’s Rachel Dillon and Alex Leatu, 8-6.

“We were able to close it out,” Muresan said. “We played pretty solid today.”

Muresan, who was instrumental in helping the Wolverines (6-0) prevail over the Commodores 4-3, didn’t downplay the importance of this win.

“Vanderbilt’s a really good team,” Muresan said. “It’s just really good to get this confidence in before the big tournament this weekend.”

The Wolverines will take their undefeated record to Charlottesville, Va. this weekend to participate in the ITA National Team Indoor Championships.

“We’re just looking forward to it,” said Michigan coach Ronni Bernstein. “ It’s going to be a challenge. The best teams in the country are going to be there. I think we can do well.”

As for her team’s undefeated record, Muresan expressed nothing but excitement.

“So far this season, I haven’t really expected anything less of us,” Muresan said. “I feel that we can go out there and win any match we play.”