The Mujo Café in the North Campus Duderstadt Center will be open 24 hours for half of the week, Central Student Government President Michael Proppe announced Sunday evening.

This comes after similar changes to the hours of Bert’s Café in the Shapiro Undergraduate Library, which became a 24-hour operation in January. Mujo will be open all hours from Sunday to Wednesday starting Monday. It will be open until 2 a.m. on Thursdays, 5 p.m. on Fridays and 8 p.m. on Saturdays.

Proppe said CSG wanted to see the success of Bert’s new hours before making the change in North Campus.

Proppe said the timing should help students working late for midterms. CSG is trying to be more vocal in advertising Mujo’s new hours, as opposed to the rather quiet launch of late-night hours at Bert’s last year, Proppe said.

Engineering junior Jasleen Randhawa, chair of the Commission on North Campus Life, said she and many of her engineering classmates have wanted Mujo to run later into the night because of significant time spent working at the Dude.

“Being able to have a kind of healthy option for food and not having to order pizza out every night is something that we felt was really important,” Randhawa said.

Randhawa said Mujo’s menu should meet most of the demand for better late-night food. However, other options, such as a featured entree from the café, are also in the works.

“This is great for students studying late on North Campus,” said CSG Vice President Bobby Dishell, a Public Policy junior. “When students are well-fed and well-hydrated, they can study longer and be healthier.”