The Central Campus Recreation Building will extend its hours until the end of February in an effort to meet student demands and help users with their new year”s fitness resolutions.

The Michigan Student Assembly will be funding the later hours. Starting Sunday, the building will be open until 1:30 a.m. on Sunday and Monday nights.

The North Campus Recreation Building and the Intramural Sports buildings are open until 11 p.m. every night, and the CCRB is still open until 11 p.m. every other night of the week.

“The assembly hopes usership patterns during that added time will be able to make a case for permanent changes,” said MSA President Matt Nolan.

Nolan said the advisory committee for Rec Sports will consider next year”s hours and fees in March and April. At that time they may approve keeping the CCRB or another building open later next year.

“We”re not exactly sure what the added costs and usership patterns will need to be to make this a worthwhile permanent change that”s why we”re having this trial period,” Nolan said.

In other MSA news: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in the Pendelton Room of the Michigan Union, the MSA Budget Priorities Committee will hold an informational session to discuss changes in the funding application and the number of times a group can apply per semester. The assembly approved changes to the cycle of funding for BPC at their last meeting of last semester.

“We”re looking to attract anybody who has interest in the new way MSA will be allocating funds and at least one representative from any student group who was already planning to apply,” said BPC Chair David Goldman.

“In the past, there was just one cycle of funding at the beginning of the semester and all groups filled out one application for the entire semester,” Goldman said.

Starting this semester, BPC will hold three funding cycles in January, February and March. A student group can apply during any or all of the cycles.

A presentation explaining the funding and application changes will take place at the session, as well as a few speakers to explain how to get funding from sources other than MSA.

The main reason for the change in funding cycles is that while some groups plan their budget for the semester ahead of time, others are still unsure of their plans, Goldman said.

“We think this will be a better and more logical process for everybody involved student groups and BPC,” he added.

Last semester, groups requested more than $500,000, and a lot of them asked for more than they needed, Goldman said. BPC hopes the two additional application times will help groups ask for only what they actually need.

“When we make our allocations we work on a reimbursement process,” Goldman explained. “Groups don”t get money unless they show receipts, and usually BPC ends up over-allocating.”

The committee hopes the additional cycles will keep groups from asking for more money than they need and keep it from sitting in the MSA account, he said.