Casey McGinnis, the 35-year old Law School student who was reported missing on Nov. 12, was found dead in Ann Arbor earlier this week after he took his own life.

Law School Associate Dean David Baum sent an e-mail to members of the Law School community yesterday afternoon to inform students.

“We know this is very sad news to hear at a particularly difficult time of year,” Baum wrote to students and faculty. “Our heartfelt condolences go out to Casey’s family and to those of you within our community who came to know Casey during his time here.”

According to Baum’s e-mail, McGinnis’s family posted a message to friends and supporters on his Facebook wall Wednesday.

“Our hearts are broken and the sadness is profound,” the family’s posting read. “Please give us time to get our bearing and adjust to the situation.”

Law School officials are making themselves available to students who want to talk to someone about the situation. Additionally, counselors at the University’s Counseling and Psychological Services office have been made aware of the situation and are available to talk with students on a walk-in basis between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

Baum told students in his e-mail that he is not aware of any plans for a memorial service, but promised to keep students apprised as more information becomes available.