Girls
“It’s A Shame About Ray”
HBO
A-

Girls

A-
“It’s a Shame About Ray”
HBO

In “It’s A Shame About Ray,” the most recent chapter of HBO’s “Girls,” it seems that every character has a major life event occurred — except for Hannah

Charlie tries to win back Marnie. Marnie scorns Charlie in favor of Booth Jonathon. Shoshanna figures out that Ray is living with her. Ray confesses his love for Shoshanna in a train station. Jessa finally meets Thomas-Johns’s parents and makes a poor impression. Thomas-John ends his marriage with Jessa. Hannah takes a bath.

This episode was Lena Dunham playing with my heartstrings. I was almost in tears when Marnie wouldn’t take back irresistibly perfect Charlie. Why would you ever choose that douchebag Booth Jonathan over Charlie?

And Ray’s confession to Shoshanna? Ray admits that he doesn’t think he is enough for her and yet admits that he loves her “… so fucking much.”

Jessa’s marriage is unceremoniously terminated as an excuse for Chris O’Dowd’s time on the show ending. But to be completely honest, it’s about time. It just doesn’t make sense that Jessa has to maintain the most serious relationship of the girls. After she flees their once shared home, she appears in the doorway as Hannah takes a bath. The fact that she got into the bath with Hannah without explaining anything was perfect. It was sweet and sad and may be the best episode ending of the series.