Junior pitcher Brandon Sinnery can only do so much.

He can put his team in a position to win — like he did again Friday night against Minnesota — but he can’t win games on his own. He needs help from the offense.

But like it has for much of the season, Michigan’s offense sputtered and the Golden Gophers beat the Wolverines, 4-1, in the first game of the weekend series in Ann Arbor.

Michigan (6-10 Big Ten, 15-29 overall) got 7.2 innings from Sinnery. The righty allowed just four runs while striking out six.

Sinnery — who threw 121 pitches — is turning into a workhorse. During conference play, he’s pitched two complete games and has given up just seven runs in 33 innings.

Minnesota (9-7, 16-19) took a 1-0 lead in the third inning, but didn’t hold the lead for long.

In the bottom half of the inning, sophomore centerfielder Patrick Biondi reached base on a leadoff walk and later scored when freshman right fielder Michael O’Neill laid down a perfectly executed squeeze bunt.

But the Golden Gophers quickly regained their lead, capitalizing on one of Sinnery’s rare hanging pitches with a towering two-run homer over the left-field wall.

They added an insurance run in the eighth, but it wasn’t needed as the Wolverines’ bats were stifled all night long.

Minnesota hurler TJ Oakes held Michigan to just four hits in 6.2 innings and Tom Windle came on for the final 2.1 innings, giving up just one hit, to earn his first career save.

The series continues Saturday, with redshirt sophomore Kevin Vangheluwe on the hill for the Wolverines.