CINCINNATI — The announcer forgot to mention Michigan freshman guard Dayeesha Hollins’ name when calling the Wolverines’ starting lineup.

But it’s safe to say fans at the Cintas Center knew exactly who she was when she left the floor after the game.

Hollins, a Cincinnati native, scored 22 points in Michigan’s 72-71 win against No. 12 Xavier on Monday night to help the Wolverines (8-2, 1-0 Big Ten) earn their fourth straight road win. The victory is Michigan’s first against a ranked opponent on the road since they beat LSU in Baton Rouge in 2001.

“It felt just like a home high school game,” Hollins said. “I was excited, and I’m glad that I chose Michigan.”

The lead changed 11 times between the Wolverines and the Musketeers. The most critical shift came in the last two minutes when sophomore Carmen Reynolds made two 3-pointers to put the Wolverines up by one with just seven seconds left.

Reynolds was the only Wolverine who produced from beyond the arc. Her four 3-pointers matched the total from the rest of the team combined.

“I know the first (three) was from an out-of-bounds play, and I was open and able to hit that,” Reynolds said. “You’ve got to shoot with confidence. I told myself it was going in, I shot it and it went in.”

In the first half, Michigan shot a putrid 25 percent from the foul line. Fortunately, the missed opportunities didn’t cost them the game, but the team’s inaccuracy from the charity stripe is concerning to Michigan coach Kevin Borseth.

“Free throws are not really something we overemphasize,” Borseth said. “We think that if we practice shooting enough then we have to be able to get to the free throw line. And then you’ve got to be able to make them.”

Luckily, the Wolverines could, in part, compensate for their problems at the line by outrebounding the Musketeers 35-29.

But senior center Krista Phillips wasn’t quite satisfied with that margin.

“We have to do a better job at taking care of the ball,” Phillips said. “One of the most important things, it is taking the ball and rebounding. We have to box out more , they got too many offensive rebounds and we want more.”

Michigan also forced 17 turnovers, one of which came in the final eight seconds and gave the Wolverines their last possession. The turnovers created 14 fast breaks for the Wolverines, and they capitalized on 13 of those.

“I think if we want to be a really good team that we to have our turnovers under ten,” Phillips said. “And that’s something that we collectively as a group have been working on.”

After the Musketeers missed a layup with seven seconds left, the ball went out of bounds and junior guard Veronica Hicks delivered the inbound to an open Hollins, who ran with the ball towards her own section of fans.

“We played extremely well,” Borseth said. “We played well on both sides of the court. You have to be able to score because they are really hard to stop. We played hard, got some key stops, especially ones to start the second half.”