The Michigan women’s tennis team couldn’t overcome their inconsistencies in singles matches against Georgia.

The Wolverines lost 4-2 to the Bulldogs during the second day of the Wolverine Invitational, where many of its players tried to gain their midseason form.

Plagued by inconsistency, blue-chip freshman Ronit Yurovsky fell into an early hole, losing the first set 6-1. Despite a strong effort in the second set, which she won 6-2, she didn’t have enough in the tank to complete the comeback, losing the last set 6-1.

Junior captain Brooke Bolender also faced the effects of a prolonged battle — a tight match through the first two sets — only to see many shots bounce off the net and onto her side of the court. Fatigue and bad luck proved too much, and she lost (6-7, 7-5, 0-6).

Sophomore Sarah Lee and senior Mimi Nguyen both lost in straight sets, while freshman Amy Zhu and sophomore Kristen Dodge both won in straight sets to cap off the afternoon for the Wolverines.

Though the Wolverines are still searching for top form in singles matches, they were dominant in their doubles matches, taking two of three games from defending national champion Florida.

Yurovsky and Bolender won 8-1, as did Lee and Dodge, who won 8-3. Michigan’s only doubles loss came from Nguyen and Zhu (1-8).

Sophomore Emina Bektas, who ended last year ranked No. 14, didn’t play Sunday, but did participate in the singles and doubles matches on Friday.